Belief, Vision & Mission
PJEFC Core Beliefs
- The Christian Bible as the inspired Word of God, reveals His will for the salvation of people and is the final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- God created everything, is infinitely perfect and exists as three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, arose physically from the dead and ascended into heaven, where He sits at the right hand of God. He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- The Holy Spirit glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ, convicts people of their sins and regenerates the believing sinner. The Holy Spirit lives in us to guide, teach and empower us for godly living and service.
- Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and was separated from Him. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- It is only through Jesus Christ’s blood and His resurrection that we can receive salvation. Those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and become the children of God.
- Water baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Holy Communion or the Eucharist) are observed by the Church, but are not considered the means of a person’s salvation.
- The true Church is made of believers who, through the saving faith in Jesus Christ, are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and united with one another as the body of Christ, of which He is the head.
- Only members of the true Church are entitled for membership in the local church.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church and every local church has the right, under Him, to decide and govern its own affairs.
- The imminent return of Jesus Christ is the blessed hope that has an important implication to the personal life and service of the believer.
- Believers return to be with the Lord when they die; unbelievers are condemned to everlasting conscious punishment.
To make disciples of all nations. (Matthew 28:19-20a)
Empowering Generations for Global Reach
- Empowering Generations: We don’t only serve our present generation; we aim to serve the coming generations by empowering them for the future.
- Global Reach: The world is our mission field. we aim to reach the community immediately around PJEFC while simultaneously reaching out to communities distant or different from us.
PJEFC Philosophy of Ministry
A church will grow when it is balanced and healthy. This will be evidenced by:
- Heartfelt Worship (Exalt)
- Authentic Fellowship (Connect)
- Empowering Discipleship (Grow)
- Life Transforming Ministry (Serve)
- Kingdom-Oriented Missions (Go)
Undergirded by fervent united persevering Prayer of the members.