Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith. No pressure. No follow up. No charge.
Typically Alpha has around ten sessions and includes food, a short talk and a discussion at the end where you can share your thoughts. Alpha really is for anyone who’s curious to learn about Christian faith. The talks are designed to encourage debate and explore the basics of Christianity in a friendly, honest and informal environment.
Sessions are on Saturday from 4:00pm – 7:00pm.
Try out Alpha at PJEFC with the introductory dinner. It will be a time of great food, laughter and an opportunity to make new friends and discover some of the most profound truths about LIFE!
2017 Schedule for Alpha 21
- Sat 15 July
- Introduction Session with High Tea
- Sat 22 July
- Session 01: Who is Jesus?
- Sat 05 August
- Session 02: Why did Jesus die?
- Sat 12 August
- Session 03: How can I be sure of my faith?
- Sat 19 August
- Session 04: How and why should I pray?
- Sat 26 August
- Session 05: How and why should I read the bible?
- Session 06: How does God guide us?
- Sun 27 – Sun 28 August Holy Spirit Weekend Retreat
- Session A: Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Session B: What does the Holy Spirit do?
- Session C: How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- Sat 02 September
- Session 07: How can I resist evil?
- Session 08: Why and how do I tell others?
- Sat 09 September
- Session 09: Does God heal today?
- Session 10: What about the Church?
- Sat 16 September
- Closing Celebration and Thanksgiving Session