PJEFC Mission initiatives 2018
As God blessed Abraham to be a blessing to all nations, likewise we are blessed to be a blessing. Similarly, PJEFC is also blessed and called to be a blessing to the community, nation, and the world. We are to bless the nations by maximizing our God-given resources to fulfill the biblical mission mandate, bringing the Good News of God’s love and salvation to people.
How can I get involved?
Missions at our door step
“When a foreigner lives with you in your land, don’t take advantage of him. Treat the foreigner the same as a native. Love him like one of your own.” -Leviticus 19:33-34
Malaysia is a hotspot for migrant workers from all over Asia. Today, there are about 2.8 to 2.9 million documented migrant workers here in Malaysia. This has re-shaped the landscape of mission tremendously – instead of sending out missionaries, unreached people are now at our door-steps. We currently reach out to these people groups and welcome your help:
– Myanmarese: English Class and Medical Service
– Nepalese: English Class, Medical Service, Hostels visitation, and once a month fellowship service.
– Filipino: Small Group Fellowship held every alternative Wednesday night.
This program connects those who can help with those who need help over a year period. This is an opportunity for families or individuals reach out and lift up those in need. It is more than just the giving of gifts; it is about providing families with support and hope throughout the year as you journey with them. Some of the families you might be matched with include Orang Asli, refugee and single-parent families.
Be a facilitator or bring a friend. Alpha is an evangelistic course which seeks to introduce the basics of the Christian faith through a series of talk and discussions over a meal. Check out 2018 dates for the Alpha course here.
Sport has the power to grow friendships, build character and transform lives.Badminton, Table-Tennis, Squash, Volleyball and Futsal are available as avenues to engage young people through regular games and coaching.
Mission Exposure Trips
Several trips are coming up, see which one fits you:
Andaman Island, Thailand (During school holidays in March & June 2018, 2 trips)
– Focus: Teaching English and Youth Camp.
– Suitable for: families, teachers, adults who can teach English, young adults who would like to connect with children and youths.
Pahang, Malaysia (3-4 days in March school holiday)
– Focus: provide humanitarian aid to the Orang Asli community in Pahang
– Suitable for: families and Cell Groups.
Kuantan, Malaysia (6-7 days in May)
– Focus: Tuition, character development talks and creative arts ministry with the local Chinese community
– Suitable for: Bi-lingual teachers, musicians, campus students and young adults.
Nepal (7-10 days in November)
– Focus: partnering with a local Nepal church to reach out to the surrounding villages.
– Suitable for: Migrant Ministry members who would like to be further challenged in their faith.
How can I go on an Exposure Mission Trip?
– Sign up as an individual, Cell Group or family.
– Team leader is appointed and linked with the team members.
– Team is formed at least two months before the trip.
– Attend two training sessions conducted by Missions Department.s
– Team begins for preparation.
– Team leaves and returns from the Mission Trip.
– Team conduct its final briefing with Mission Department.
– Tripper is mobilised for missions!
Equipping for Mission
The KAIROS Course
This is a foundational course on world Christian mission. It is designed to educate, inspire, and challenge Christians to meaningful participation in God’s mission to all nations.
Dates: 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25 March 2018.
Fees: RM 150 for non-PJEFC members; RM 110 for PJEFC members.
Closing date: 28 February 2018
The Unfinished Story
This is an exciting overview of the mission of God from Genesis, through the Gospels and more than two thousand years of the world Christian movement to our world today.
Dates: 4 Feb, 6 May, 5 Aug and 4 Nov.
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org